Position: Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
We seek an enthusiastic Communications and Public Relations Coordinator to support our external and internal communications and marketing activities. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our organization’s behalf, working with the Director of Organizational Transformation (your supervisor) and other staff, including the Executive Director. Phenomenal communication skills, deployment of social media tools and analytics, lived experience, a passion for storytelling and content generation, and copywriting skills to convey our organization’s mission and goals make a strong communications specialist. Experience in non-profit agency communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike. You desire a career aligned with our Mission, Vision and Core Values and strategic direction with focuses on systems thinking, resource development, cultural humility and use of data with a consideration of how people develop across a life span (see this overview).
Our Mission: Joining together to raise every child’s complete wellbeing
Our Vision: Supportive communities where every family can raise children who thrive as they live, learn, and play.
Our Core Values:
Racial and Social Justice: We work collectively to be anti-racist and to promote social justice by removing barriers to equity and ensuring inclusion of all people.
Children and Families First: We honor and value children, youth, and families as experts in their own lives, and promote success in all areas of well-being.
Transformation with an Engaged Presence: It is our duty to participate with cultural humility, always learning, reflecting, and applying new understandings to strengthen the systems and communities that health, learning, and growth depend upon.
Partnerships Are Essential: We team with community partners, shoulder-to-shoulder, to develop and deliver measurably effective solutions to serve children, families, and providers.
Interdependence of Research and Practice: We believe that taking action informed from lived experience, research and practice achieves outcomes that children, youth, families, and communities desire similarly.
Ethical and Responsible Use of Resources: We are good caretakers of resources and relationships that benefit children, including the ethical use of data.
- Work with and align the communication team and company staff to develop and implement effective agency communication strategies and community engagement
- Assist in development and communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership and for specific programs and initiatives. Disseminate messages regarding agency resources, offerings, programs and research appropriately according to strategic themes and content plan / calendar.
- Leverage agency communication processes, planning tools and templates; these include email campaign, graphics development, Microsoft Office 365 tools; may also include customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, learning management system (LMS) applications and best social media practices and analytics,
- Support measurement strategies for assessing communications reach and impact
- Manage internal communications (Teams posts, emails, internal newsletters etc.)
- Draft and communicate content (e.g. blogs, articles, social media posts, web page content, flyers, press releases) for agency materials including external media or company website
- Liaise with partners and media and handle requests for communications
- Manage press release process
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons; document these efforts using a CRM
- Collaborate with development, program and marketing professionals to produce copy for collateral; also collaborate regarding graphical, video and audio media production
- Work within defined crisis communication processes and policy advocacy opportunities
- Work with supervisor to create personalized professional development plan to support agency strategic plan, continuous improvement strategies, as well as individual career goals
- Provide support for operational needs such as event registration and promotion. Support the communication needs of internal and external events.
- 2+ years proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in storytelling, copywriting and editing; passion for diversity and inclusion and associated impact on communications
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities; solid understanding of project management principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft products: MS Office 365, MS Teams, MS Sharepoint
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; proficient command of Spanish and other languages, including sign language, is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of an Associate’s degree and related experience
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Experience in video creation and editing is a plus
- Experience with CRM, LMS, marketing automation tools including ConstantContact is a plus
- Experience with project management practices, particularly in support of coordinating events is a plus.
- Experience using Adobe products is an asset: photo and video-editing software
Children’s Institute is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital, military, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
We welcome qualified candidates with lived experiences to help us best serve our great Community!
If this job sounds like something you would find fulfilling and is aligned with your career goals, even if your experience isn’t exactly in line with the points above, please consider applying anyway. Experience comes in many forms and your interest and passion can go a long way. We know that a diverse team makes for the best collaborative work and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone who is interested in the work to apply.
How to Apply:
All Applicants must apply online.
Click here to apply. Search for Job ID 235770
For questions, please contact Diane Trentini at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Children’s Institute is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital, military or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.