Position: Environmental Rating Scale (ERS) Observers
Children’s Institute is recruiting Environmental Rating Scale (ERS) Observers for their work with early childhood programs across New York State.
Qualifications include a minimum of five years of experience in early childhood education, with observation experience in one or more of the ERS tools (ie: ECERS-3, ITERS-3, FCCRS-3) as well as professional and interpersonal skills including, but not limited to:
- Objectivity: Ability to observe and report in a non-biased way
- Thoroughness: Ability to be accurate in documentation
- Timeliness: Follow through with timely submission of reports as well as punctuality
- Confidentiality: Respect for the process and all participants
- Ability to learn and willingness to incorporate new information
- Willingness to work on co-observations for inter-rater reliability
- Consistency in following prescribed Children’s Institute protocols and procedures
- Ability to complete in-person observations within four weeks of receiving assignments
- Ability to complete in-person observations this year and in future years
- Flexibility in observation scheduling
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical skills preferred: Job requires use of Excel, SharePoint/Microsoft Office 365, use of a scanner
Priority is given to bilingual speakers.
Paid Zoom trainings (varied hours and days) as well as three days of in-person training are required to complete the onboarding process. Details will be provided upon hire.
If interested please send a resume, handwriting sample, and documentation of experience in ERS tool(s) to:
Kim Avery, MS, Program Director, Get Ready to GROW / Early Care and Education Specialist, at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Children’s Institute is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital, military or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.