JACKIE ROBBINS, RN, MSN, PNP
Navigator, Get Ready to GROW
WHAT I DO AT CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
- Perform comprehensive health and developmental screenings for children ages 12 to 60 months in community-based organizations, community events, and Children’s Institute. The screening includes vision, hearing, dental, speech and language, fine and gross motor skills, and social-emotional development. Communicate results to the community organization teacher, center Director, and/or caregiver.
- Work directly with caregivers of young children and community-based organizations serving the 12 to 60 month old population to ensure that these comprehensive development screenings are completed, ongoing follow-up to monitor progress in the referral process, and assist with navigating the system as needed for the referral process. Follow up until evaluation has been completed.
- Infants and young children! I have worked with this age group in many different settings throughout my career, including chronically ill children and healthy children.
- I have always been completely committed to the holistic care of each child to promote optimal health and development for his/her unique situation.
- I am fascinated by the brain of infants and young children, how they learn, and the amount they learn in the first few years of life. I am particularly interested in the exploding wealth of knowledge about the mental health of infants and young children.
- Education for caregivers about child development to support and empower the most optimal outcome for every child.
- I love to refurbish/paint furniture. I actually love to paint anything at all!
- My happy place is at the beach. The sound of the waves of the ocean is my Zen!
- I have a wonderful husband, and two amazing young adult children who all are in helping professions (or working toward it), and am so proud of all of them!