The Early Childhood Education Quality Council (ECEQC) is an independent, grassroots initiative that was formed in 1993.
Its mission is to support high-quality early care and education within urban child care programs in the city of Rochester, New York.
- Early care and education urban programs serving 2,000 children and their families
- To promote and maintain quality standards within programs
- To advocate on behalf of children and families
- To strengthen bonds between parents, centers, and the community
- To provide mutually beneficial support among centers
- Financial resources to maintain quality standards
- Professional development for administrators and staff
- Accreditation facilitation services
- Connection to community initiatives
- Collegial relationships and mutual support
- Cultural and recreational experiences for children
- Governance by elected officers
- Administrative support by paid part-time staff
- Yearly dues for membership benefits
- Monthly membership meetings during the school year
ECEQC is a proud supporter of the Rochester International Children’s Film Festival which offers the very best of children’s shorts from around the world -- thoughtfully curated to reflect gentle social themes as well as to celebrate artistry, music, and other wonderful things!
To learn more about the Rochester International Children’s Film Festival, visit www.kidsfestroc.org
For further information, contact:
mmusler [at] childrensinstitute.net (Mary Louise Musler)
(585) 295-1000, ext. 311