ELLEN LEOPOLD, M.Ed.
Social, Emotional and Behavioral Consultant
WHAT I DO AT CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
- Train, coach, and collaborate with teachers and administrators regarding: strengthening relationships with children and families; increasing children’s voice and choice; modeling and teaching the social and emotional skills that improve the success and quality of school and life!
- Serve on the Get Ready to GROW Rochester team (child health screenings) to assist early childhood staff and families with: follow-up on child screening referrals; obtaining health or educational services.
- Integrating anti-racist learning and tenets into all aspects of my life and work—on a daily basis.
- Teachers! I learn something valuable from them every day.
- Kids! (I learn from them too!) In this group are: my 4 kids and 4 grandkids; the kiddos I have contact with through work; all children whose well-being depends on adults advocating for them and their families.
- Contributing to a just society in which each child and family is valued and has access to the educational, health, and economic resources they deserve.
- I am an avid walker (all seasons) and bike rider (half the year).
- I have been a cinephile (a big movie appreciator) for fifty years. I love popcorn too.
- I was once Michigan’s storyteller champ- two years in a row!