JOSEPH MCFALL, Ph.D.
Managing Director of Data and Science
WHAT I DO AT CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
- Develop new data, science, and evaluation initiatives aligned with Children Institute’s (CI) mission, vision, and values focused on promoting children’s complete wellbeing.
- Direct strategic development and implementation of CI’s suite of research, evaluation, and data capacities, tools, technologies, programs, and staff.
- Lead collaborative, multidisciplinary, cross-sector agency research teams.
- Promote scholarship to showcase CI’s wealth of quantitative and qualitative data, contribute psychometric evidence for CI’s reliable and valid measures, and encourage community-based participatory research.
- Apply ethical and community development principles to CI’s research and evaluation processes and employ knowledge transfer processes to share insights in culturally-responsive formats.
- Author and publish original peer-reviewed research related to holistic wellbeing (physical, cognitive, social, and emotional) and success of children and emerging adults.
- My family
- Learning new things
- Having good intentions
- Supporting local communities
- Figuring out how to solve a difficult problem (from sweating a hot water tank on a stubborn fitting to sweating due to fitting a stubborn non-converging statistical model)
- I love reexperiencing the world again for the first time through spending time with my amazing children.
- I’ve flown a plane and jumped out of one; luckily, not on the same flight.
jmcfall [at] childrensinstitute.net