WHAT I DO AT CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
- Coordinate the Rochester Area Parent Program (RAPP) to support families of 2-8 year old children to strengthen their parenting skills through the Chicago Parent Program (CPP) curriculum. I oversee and coordinate trained CPP facilitators who run parenting groups in our community.
- Train, support, and work with master observers and teachers as they use and implement assessment tools that support high-quality early childhood education and after-school programs throughout the Rochester region and all of New York State.
- Work with QUALITYstarsNY and RECAP, incredible programs that support high-quality early childhood education throughout New York State.
- Implement and share knowledge of Environment Rating Scale tools (ECERS-3, ECERS-R, ITERS-R, FCCRS) and CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System) with early childhood programs.
- Work with and train people who are working to implement change through the Stage of Change Approach. Change is never easy.
- My marriage and family – being a dedicated wife, mother, daughter (and more) means the world to me.
- Parenting – as a former parent educator I love to learn and share parenting strategies. I am also always excited to turn life into a teachable moment for my own kids as they grow and develop.
- My faith – centering my life around faith keeps me focused on what is most important.
- Communicating – it’s key to success in both personal and professional relationships. I love finding ways to make it more meaningful and getting to hear or tell a good story!
- I love to bake chocolate chip cookies. No reason required.
- I’m a big fan of rescue dogs and have one in my own family.
- I lived in Washington, DC as a full-time volunteer for two years and still consider it one of my favorite cities.