WHAT I DO AT CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
- Train, support and work with master observers and teachers as they use and implement assessment tools that support high quality early childhood education and after school programs throughout the Rochester region and all of New York State.
- Work with QUALITYstarsNY and RECAP, incredible programs that support high quality early childhood education throughout New York State.
- Implement and share knowledge of Environment Rating Scale tools (ECERS-3, ECERS-R, ITERS-R, FCCRS) and CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System) with early childhood programs.
- Work with and train people who are working to implement change through the Stage of Change Approach. Change is never easy.
- My marriage and family – being a dedicated wife, mother, daughter (and more) means the world to me.
- Parenting – as a former parent educator I love to hear about and share parenting strategies. I am also always excited to turn life into a teachable moment for my own kids.
- My faith – centering my life around faith keeps me focused on what is most important.
- Communicating – it’s key to success in both personal and professional relationships. I love finding ways to make it more meaningful and getting to hear or tell a good story!
- I love to bake chocolate chip cookies. No reason required.
- I helped start a book club many years ago that keeps my love for reading alive.
- I lived in Washington, DC as a full-time volunteer for two years and still consider it one of my favorite cities.
lmurray [at] childrensinstitute.net