Bilingual Navigator, Get Ready to GROW
WHAT I DO AT CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
- Screen children ages 12 to 60 months for vision, hearing, dental, BMI, speech & language, motor skills, and social-emotional development. These developmental screenings are completed at childcare and community-based organizations, community events, and at Children’s Institute.
- Review a child’s screening results with the organization’s designated Get Ready to GROW liaison when a child’s referred for further evaluation. Collaborate with the liaison to ensure all further evaluations are completed.
- Work directly with the child’s caregiver when needed, to ensure that further evaluations for those children being referred have been completed - this includes connecting caregivers to the appropriate service providers and assisting them with the GROW Parent Portal.
- Improving an individual’s equitable access to healthcare across language, cultural, and social barriers.
- Empowering families with the resources needed to ensure each child has an equal opportunity for academic success.
- Honoring my family’s heritage of civic engagement through community activism and continued civic engagement.
- I have a large family; we’re all very close and enjoy spending time together celebrating all the blessings in life.
- My happy place is anywhere I can be listening and dancing to music; my favorite is Salsa.
- I love chocolate; must have at least one piece a day!
tmedero [at] childrensinstitute.net