Attaining Pathways accreditation is truly an accomplishment that is to be shared by the entire center. Parents, teachers, directors, and staff all get to share in the joy of saying that their center is accredited.
Only 10% of child care centers in the nation are accredited. Is yours?
Pathways Accreditation was developed by Children’s Institute and a team of experts in the field of early education and care to provide an efficient way for centers to improve quality and achieve their accreditation goal.
When you partner with Pathways for your accreditation needs, you will receive a superior, exceptionally user-friendly system. Pathways recognizes your experience and builds on the accomplishments of your center and staff.
- To promote safe, high-quality child care settings where children can thrive and reach their full potential
- To foster and facilitate excellence for child care providers
- To ensure clear, reliable, and valid accreditation processes that providers and parents support and understand
- A rigorous accreditation system that blends the best thinking of many experts in the field with the identified strengths of the providers
- A process that is useful, respectful, transparent, and recognizes that there are many “pathways” to the same goal of high quality child care
- Pathways accredited child care centers in Monroe County are eligible for a higher reimbursement rate
- Our accreditation system is based on an extensive review of national standards including Head Start, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, the National Association for the Education of Young Children and other national and state level accreditation and quality systems
- The process uses several nationally and internationally recognized, research-based assessment tools including the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale-Revised (ECERS-R) and the Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale–Revised (ITERS-R)
- Pathways features a unique, user-friendly online survey that helps centers assess their readiness before they even begin the accreditation process
- Accreditation includes parent surveys, interviews with staff and administrators, site visits, and technical assistance
The following centers have met the required number of quality indicators for early childhood centers and have been awarded Pathways National Accreditation by Children’s Institute.
Faith Childcare and Nursery School • August 2018
2576 Browncroft Blvd • Rochester, NY 14625
St. Paul's Child Care Center • September 2014 & August 2018
13 Vick Park B • Rochester, NY 14607
Rochester Childfirst Network • July 2010, October 2013 & August 2017
941 South Avenue • Rochester, NY 14620
Our Children's Place (The Coordinated Child Development Program, Inc) - August 2013 & August 2017
55 Wilcox Lane, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Our Children's Place of Clifton Springs - August 2013 & August 2017
9 Village Drive, Clifton Springs, NY 14432
Creative Beginnings Child Care • May 2017
75 Stutson Street, Rochester, NY 14612
For more information about Pathways Accredtiation, contact:
kavery [at] childrensinstitute.net (Kim Avery, MS)
(585) 295-1000, ext. 294