Offers you FREE use of a Chromebook tablet and 4 months of FREE access to the internet.
COVID continues to interrupt connections and services that support your family. Access to the internet is more important than ever – for learning, playing, and health.
Caring Connections will learn from you, as your family’s leader about how to best support YOUR goals, interests, and important family needs.
Caring Connections helps your family stay safe and well during COVID. Your preschool’s contact will help you connect with:
- Places to get food
- Tips from other parents
- Tips on early childhood education
- Products for health and safety
- Remote learning / technology support
- Health and safety supplies and resources
- Quick developmental checks for your child
… and more!
During the 4 month program, a Caring Connectors support person from your child’s preschool will support you for 10 weeks – to help you use the tablet and help to connect your family to online services.
- All services are FREE.
- The tablet is being managed by the Rochester City School District (RCSD), so keep it as part of your child’s preschool enrollment until new devices are provided by the RCSD.
- Use this tablet to find helpful – and healthy – community information!
Resources for Families
PBS Kids: Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
NCPMI: Help Us Stay Calm
Zero to Three: Positive Parenting
Vanderbilt University: Prevent Strategy - Provide Frequent Positive Attention
Embrace Race: Evidence-based Suggestions for Managing Stress
NCPMI: Why Can't I Go to School?
CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): CDC's Developmental Milestones
ROC the Future: COVID-19 Resources for Families
Child Care Council: Parent Resources
New York State: Parent Portal
Kids Thrive 585: Listings of health, family and child resources
Children's Institute: COVID-19 Resources for Families