Children's Institute Welcomes Lindsay Dryden
14 February 2023 |
We are thrilled that Lindsay Dryden has joined our Primary Project team! Over the last few months, Lindsay has been lending support and managing many Primary Project functions including application for funding, research, training, national certification, and consultation efforts. Read on to learn what Lindsay is passionate about and some fun facts about her. Join us in welcoming Lindsay to our Primary Project family!
- Creating access to high-quality education and mental health services for all children.
- Issues of social justice and generally making her community and the world a more equitable place.
- Eating and cooking food is Lindsay's favorite way to learn about other cultures, connect with friends, and experiment. You will often find her exploring local restaurants with friends or cooking a fancy meal for her family.
- Lindsay LOVES to read! She usually has a large stack of historical fiction, dystopian fiction, or biographies of historical figures on her bedside table.
- Spending time with her husband Eric and daughter Josie outdoors, traveling, eating ice cream, and watching movies.
- Lindsay's favorite place in the world is New York City, where she had the privilege of living for 12 years prior to moving to Rochester. She loves the energy, the diversity of people, cultures, and languages, as well as the beauty of walking out your door and seeing where the city will take you.
- She was a classroom teacher for 15 years and has taught every grade K-5 (except 4th grade!). Lindsay learned so much from her students and found the most joy in teaching social studies, conducting restorative and community circles, and helping students navigate the trials and tribulations of life. You could often find her goofily dancing or playing games with her students (ask her to teach you Aroostasha or Watermelon if you need to entertain a group of children!).
- Lindsay and her husband don't have family in Rochester, so they travel to Cleveland, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Diego to visit their parents, siblings, and nieces any chance they get!