‘Let Their Greatness GROW’ campaign launched by the ‘Get Ready to GROW’ collaborative.
Developmental checks are one of the best ways to support children’s health and well-being.
Young children in the City of Rochester and surrounding region now have access to free developmental checks, or screenings, that can help families better understand their child’s strengths and possible needs for healthy development. Only 20 to 30% of children with health, behavioral, and development problems are identified and receive appropriate interventions prior to entering school. Children's Institute along with Causewave Community Partners and a collaborative of child-serving organizations, announce a new community campaign to ensure families are aware of the benefits and availability of screenings. Read the press release
The Get Ready to GROW bus - Serving community and partners
Community-based organizations, schools, childcare centers
- Medical partners
- Genesee Pediatrics
- The Center for Refugee Health
- Monroe County Library System/WXXI “Pop Up in the Park” community events
- Just in time to respond and serve during COVID challenges
- Limited program onsite space to conduct screenings/ required social distancing
- No visitors/providers allowed in buildings
FLPPS (Finger Lakes Performing Provider System): Expanding developmental screenings for children in the Finger Lakes region (press release, 2021)
- Helpful websites
- Monroe County School District - CPSE chairperson list - 2020-2021
- Community resources for youth and families with behavioral health challenges during the COVID-19 crisis
- ROC The Future - Keeping kids healthy - Primary care practices open, immunizations
- 211 Lifeline website navigation
- 211 Lifeline mental health crisis information in Spanish
- NYS Office of Mental Health - Diversity and inclusion resources
- Monroe County Office of MentalHealth - Mental hygiene executive summary local services plan 2021
CDC’s Milestone Tracker App
From birth to age 5, your child should reach milestones in how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves. Photos and videos in this app illustrate each milestone and make tracking them for your child easy and fun!